Sharpy pointed me at a list of 20 things that made men feel confident which he felt was somewhat lacking. He noted that the corresponding list for women was even less credible so he sent me that too. I threatened to do my own list.
He suggested in very short words that this might well be a very good thing to do.
So here we are.
- Finding someone friendly to help you zip you into your wetsuit.
- Chatting to friends
- Finding shoes that are both comfortable and pretty.
- Catching a really neat wave when you’re a lousy surfer. I’m still a lousy surfer but I assume that catching a really neat wave when you’re a good surfer works too.
- A decent breakfast of whatever turns you on. Sometimes it’s Weetabix, some days it’s fruit salad
- Not chipping your nail polish on coat 4.
- Not being physically sick going into an interview
- The right dress being available in the right size at the right time (not always guaranteed)
- Ignoring people who tell you that you shouldn’t like pink things (you will prise my pink calculator out of my cold dead hands).
- Getting a photo published somewhere.
- Waking on the first morning of a holiday
- Successfully communicating with someone in a foreign language without them needing to show off their English prowess
- Hugs and snuggles
- Passing your driving test (it’s been 15 years but I rock, man)
- Not burning toast and therefore not setting off the badly positioned smoke alarm
- Remembering to make ice for those lovely sunny summer days
- Asking someone attractive for their phone number, getting it, ringing them and moving swiftly onwards…
- Winning something unexpectedly
- Did I say tea?
That’s my list and I am sticking to it.